Friday, October 3, 2014

What's in the Pot?

I love Pinterest.  I have found some really cool things on there.  I have pinned many slow cooker recipes and I decided yesterday I would put my new pot to good use.  I searched my pins for something yummy that was not chicken.  My poor family has eaten so much chicken lately.   I found a good one for beef tips and gravy.  I altered it just a bit and it turned out to be the best beef strogenoff (? Sp)   My mom used to make that when I was little.  I was a terribly picky eater so I did not eat the meat, only the noodles and gravy.  It was years later before I could eat it like you are supposed to. 
So here is my recipe for what we had tonight which, according to Sprat, was amazing.   Stopped by our local meat market and picked up 2lbs of beef tips, 1 can cream of mushroom soup,  16 oz of beef broth, 1pkg lipton onion soup put this in the crockpot  for 6 hours on high.  Once you are close to your time to eat you can start the gravy.  2tbs butter melted then add 2tbs flour, when your flour is mixed well woth the butter slowly add 2 cups of beef broth.  After the gravy is cooking slowly start your water for the noodles.  I served my beef tips over the noodles with the gravy over the top.   This taste just like I remember mom's.

No comments: