Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Funny thing happened on the way to the lake. . .

Dear hubby wanted to go fishing on his birthday.  I was all for it and so was Big T.  He was so excited to get to go fishing with his dad.  They didn't leave real early, it was going to be a leisurely trip.   Just when you think it is safe to relax, don't, cause the phone will ring and you just don't want to hear what is going on.   My big red truck gave up the ghost on the ramp into the lake.   You really know who your friends are when you're stuck on the ramp and your truck won't start.   Thankful to ours for looking out for my hubby and Big T.     The truck got towed and we finally got the boat home and we missed celebrating the birthday.  Ughhhh  Wife fail.
Last night we had a birthday do over.   Remember all the beer hubby bought at WalMart for my drunken turkey, well I fixed the beer boiled shrimp for my sweet husbands birthday do over.   I also picked up a red velvet cake and made some more beer bread and garlic butter.   This does not make up for the not getting to go fishing trip but it did help.   The shrimp were so good.   We fixed the kids burgers, they don't care much for cold shrimp  like my hubby and I do.   Cold boiled shrimp have always been a favorite for my hubby and I.   We have not had them in quite a while though, I guess because the kids don't like them.  It was a nice evening.  Happy Birthday to my sweet, hard working man.

No comments: