Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Practical Experience. . .

I am going back to school to get a degree in Cybercrime.  Many of my classes are about computers.  I have built two computers and I have almost set one on fire.  I have taken apart and put back together several computers.  Today, as part of our class, we had students bring in their computers that were not working properly.    Our job was to talk with them and try to figure out their problems and then fix them.
The gentleman that my lab partner and I got to help had a laptop that he no longer could access the internet with.  We figured out that he had a virus and a couple of malware programs.  He had inadvertently downloaded these while surfing the net.
This can happen to anyone.  I urge you to use caution while surfing and please do not click on just anything.  Make sure you know what you are clicking on.  There are some evil programmers out there that make their pop ups look legit, when in reality they are anything but. 
For the gentleman we are helping, it is going to take another whole day to delete all of the programs that were downloaded to his computer witthout his knowledge. 
Be safe surfing.

No comments: