Monday, October 20, 2014

Interesting Conversations with Big T

Big T gets in the car after school on Friday and starts telling me about these monsters that came and did a presentation at school.  He was so excited  and said they were doing the full show at a local church Friday and Saturday night and he wanted to go.  I said sure we can do that, he never elaborated about the "monsters" again.  I thought it was some sort of puppet show. 
Nothing was said again about the "monsters" until Saturday.   Big T pulled out the brochure that was sent home with him from school about the program.  They were monstrous alright, monstrous body builders and extreme athletes with a message.  They are called Faith Force, they go around to the local schools and perform, now they can't talk about God at school but they talk about choices you make.  We went to the Saturday evening program and it was great.  They gave their testimony and talked about how God had changed their lives.  They use their abilities to reach out to young people and witness to them.  This is an awesome ministry if you ever have a chance to see them I would. 
It was a moving service and at the end they gave an invocation.   They prayed and asked if anyone did not have God in their heart and wanted him there to repeat the prayer.  Then they asked whoever had prayed the prayer with them to come forward, many went down front.  As Big T and I were leaving he asked what that was at the end with the prayer.  I told him that was for people who did not know God or have a relationship with him.  Big T said, " mom I prayed that prayer I just didn't go down front."  I told him that was ok because I prayed the prayer too.   I told him I had been baptized and so had he and that he had asked God to come into his heart before and it was ok if he did not go down front.  I also reminded him that we pray together every night and that is having a relationship with God.  Big T then said, " mom I pray every night  too after I have gone to bed."  I did not know that.   Trying not to just blubber all over everything,  I told him that prayer is a conversation with God.  I told him that it is great to be able to talk with God and that is a relationship with him.
I hope that my kids will always go to God in prayer especially when they feel like there's nobody else they can talk to.  If my hubby and I have done nothing else we have been diligent in praying for and with our kids.  I hope that sticks with them throughout their lives. 

No comments: