Friday, October 31, 2014

Update on My Challenge to Me. . .

At the beginning of October I set a challenge to me, to pray for all of my Facebook friends everyday.  I am proud to say I did pretty good.  I think I only missed a few days. 
Now,  I am sure you are asking how could I pray for all of my friends specifically?   Well,  this is how I did it.  I pray each morning after my crew has gone to school and work.  That is my quiet time to talk with God about what is going on in my life.   I called each persons name in my friends list and asked God to watch over that person and their family.   I lifted each person to Him for His grace.  I know, I don't know their troubles or pain but He does. 
When you pray for others, putting yourself aside, you are also blessed.   I do feel blessed because of this challenge.  It made me aware that I should think of others and always be praying for those in need whether I know them or not.  
I am not a holyer than thow kinda person.   I just have a passion for God in my life and I want to share that with everyone.   My family and I have been so blessed by God's grace and I just want everyone to know how great He is.   I am not perfect and the great thing about that is,  God does not care.   He wants us, in all our imperfect ways, and for that I am grateful. 

No comments: