Wednesday, November 19, 2014

A Little Something for the Kids

I know today is supposed to be crafty but, this is creative and pretty cool.   I am not sure where  I got this idea, it is not mine but like everything I do I have tweaked it. 
I have started writing notes/letters to my boys.  When I first read about this, they said write a letter every year.  I have been writting more often than that.   I started writing when they did good things, things I was proud of.   I also have been writing to tell them little things about their childhood.   Once I have written I also throw in some money, $10 or $20 and seal the envelope.  Keep them all together and you give them  the envelopes when they graduate high school. 
I thought it was a cool idea because you are giving them  your thoughts about them at particular times in their lives.  It is also nice for them to have a little extra cash maybe for that beach trip after graduation. 
The boys and I had a tiff yesterday and so I wrote about that and told them that I loved them no matter what.  Yes, they will not see these for a couple of years but, I still want them to know that even though I was angry with them that I did and do love them. 
I guess I just want my kids to know that even though I fussed and hollered that I always loved them.   This seems like a pretty neat way to let them  know how important they are. 

No comments: