Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Chicken Taco Stew is in the Pot. . .

On these cold,  cold days I love some stew or chili.   Today it is chicken taco stew.  This has taco and tomato and chicken flavors and is so good and low calorie.
This is an easy yummy recipe for the crock pot.  I do not remember where I found this recipe for the first time but I have been making it way before Pinterest was in the picture.   As always I adapted the original recipe so this one is my own.
Here is what you will need:
4 chicken breast (frozen or thawed)add last.
1 can rotel tomatoes
14oz can tomato sauce
2 cup V8 juice
Packet of taco seasoning or your own spices for taco flavor.  I use 3tbsp pampered chef southwest seasoning.
1tbsp garlic powder
1tbsp cilantro
1tbsp cumin
2 cans black beans rinsed
16 oz frozen kernel corn
1 cup chicken broth
Stir all of this up then
I added a couple fresh peppers whole
Then lay your chicken on top.  They do not have to be covered with the sauce.  Do not stir!
Cook on high for 6 hours then pull the chicken out and shred it with a fork and add it back to the pot continue cooking for an hour on low.   This is the best chicken stew ever.  I serve mine with shredded cheese and sour cream with tortilla chips or crackers. 

No comments: