Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Everybody knows what's cooking today. . .

I am sure everyone is going to be fixing turkey today, getting ready for tomorrow.  I am very fortunate that I only have to fix a few side items and something sweet.  Can anyone guess what I will be fixing? 
Yep, bread, I am making beer bread for both houses.  I found a good recipe on Pinterest.  It is easy and not as expensive as buying those ready mix boxes.  I made homemade crackers last night with my sourdough starter.  They are good but could use more salt and I never say that.  My sister is the best, she gave me some of her sourdough starter.  It is wild yeast starter, which means you do not add yeast to get it started.   She is amazing in the kitchen, she makes most everything from scratch.  She also told me about the Pocket Farmer and that is where I got my cracker recipe, you can check them out online at www.thepocketfarmer.com.  These crackers are kinda like the ones that Daryl's used to serve with ranch dressing.  My starter had some whole wheat flour in it so mine are a little more brown than those that Daryl's used to serve.   
Lots of sadness this week, we lost a cousin suddenly and two teenagers were killed in a car accident from the high school.   It changes the way you look at things, how fleeting life really is.  You never really know how long you have on this earth so cherish every moment with those you love.   I am thankful we will be spending time with family tomorrow and will make every moment count.  Hope you all have a very happy and safe Thanksgiving.   

No comments: