Monday, November 17, 2014

My babies are not babies anymore. . .

I am feeling old and confused.   My oldest has only three more years before he will be off to college,  the youngest is in middle school.  Sprat has his permit and is driving occasionally.   I was a home body when I was younger.  I went out with my friends but I also did things with the family.   I guess I am afraid once he gets his license he will be gone and we won't ever see him again.   Big T may never leave home.  He is his mama's boy.  I see so much of myself in T, that is really scary.  I have apologized numerous times to both my mom and dad.  I must have been a nightmare.  I know I tested their patience.   Very thankful for understanding parents.  
As a mom you hope that you have instilled family values in your kids and that they will want to spend time with you.  You want so much for them to grow and be independent but I guess you want them to always need you, just a little.  They are just starting to get interesting and now they think they are too cool for you.  I guess you would not be a good parent if you didn't worry just a little about how they are going to turn out.  I pray daily for them and that they will grow into the people God intended.  I just hope I have not messed them up along the way. 
 

No comments: