Thursday, November 13, 2014

All About Fiber. . Crafty Thursday

I love to knit and crochet.  I am an amateur at best but I do enjoy it.  Like everything else,  I have several projects going at the same time.  I have at least two scarves, two hats, a cell phone cover,  and a prayer shawl.  My Church has a prayer shawl ministry where the women knit or crochet shawls for those that have lost loved ones or are facing surgery etc.  I love this ministry because it allows our Church to reach out beyond our walls.  While knitting a prayer shawl you pray for whom ever might receive it.  My first shawl I made took several years to finish so it was well prayed over.  My new one I am working on is going much faster.  I am doing straight knit on this shawl.  My others I alternated knit and purl.  For a shawl you cast on 64 stitches and use three skeins of yarn.   Knitting is actually very therapeutic for me.  I am also trying my hand at loom knitting too.  You can find all kinds of free (my favorite) patterns online especially at Pinterest.   Here are some pictures of some of my unfinished gems.  The last picture is a black and blue lacy potato chip type scarf.  It is finished, I thought I still had some to go on it.   I love making scarves but, you only need so many scarves and I have given many away.  

No comments: