Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Bread is Cooking again. . .

I promise I will be posting things other than bread but today, I am in a bread mood.  I found this copycat recipe for Subway bread on Pinterest.  It is easy and I love their bread,  I do hate watching them slap a sandwich together, that is another post though. 
In proper fashion I did not keep to the recipe.  Here are the ingredients: 
1cup warm water (110 F)
1 1/2 tbsp yeast (almost 2 pkgs)
1tbsp sugar
1 1/2 tsp salt
4tbsp olive oil
3-3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
This recipe uses a mixer.  I do not use metal anything when making bread so I did this by hand. 
Add yeast to your warm water then sugar and salt.  Set aside, in another bowl put one cup of flour then slowly add your yeast mixture a little at a time,  alternating flour and yeast mixture till it is all incorporated adding the olive oil for moisture.  Knead 8 minutes till dough is smooth.  I put mine in a bowl covered with a dish towel to rise for about 40 minutes.  Once it has risen, turn it out and punch it down.  Divide into fourths and shape into long skinny loaves,  cover and let rise  for 1 hour.  Bake 350 for 30 minutes or until golden brown.  Take out of oven and rub with butter and cover with dish cloth to cool.  Per the recipe this last step keeps the bread soft.   This was posted on Pinterest by www.blessthismessplease.com  and she has the copycat recipe link.
As you can see I should have made my loaves a little skinnier.  Nothing I make ever turns out the way it is supposed to.  It is always good but never quite looks just so.   It smells absolutely wonderful!!  Cannot wait to try it tonight.  Until we eat again.

No comments: