Monday, November 24, 2014

Mom on Monday. . .

A friend posted on Facebook she wanted someone to go with her  to Zumba to keep her motivated.  I have been wanting to try a zumba class so I volunteered.   What in the world was I thinking?  I love my friend and yes I want to help her, but zumba. 
Friday two weeks ago we went.   I have never felt so uncoordinated in my whole life.  I cheered all through high school and part of college and we had complicated routines and had to balance in the boys hands.  I guess all of your coordination goes away after giving birth.  That has to be the reason why I looked and felt so awkward these last two Fridays.    I am a trooper though, I shall not give up, I will defeat this beast of zumba.  I must say I did not know the classes were an hour either.  The time does go by fast, we have some great music to jam to. 
My sister always tells me working out  alleviates stress and she is right.  I do not feel as stressed and on edge after I have worked out.  It is kind of relaxing,  burning that nervous energy.  A big thank you to my friend for posting that request.  She asked for help and she is the one helping me.  Hmmmm I think this is the good Lord sending me what I need yet again.  
Moms, do not forget in all the rush of taking care of the family to take care of you.  Remember nobody can replace you in your family.   Take time to rejuvenate yourself so that you can be there when you are needed. 

No comments: