Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Homemade Air Fresheners

Homemade air fresheners do not sound like much but, when you are trying to keep your car from smelling like a locker room,  it's big.   I have tried all the car air fresheners and they are so strong when you first put them in your car they take your breath.  That cannot be good for you.  I have been trying to find another alternative.  I am not sure where I read about this, just know this is not my idea.  I am borrowing it from someone else.  I looked back through my pins on Pinterest and I cannot find it. 
I love herbs and fresh flowers, so when I read about this I immediately thought this is a great idea.  Use a stainless steel mesh tea infuser.  I got mine at Wal-Mart.  Take fragrant herbs and put them in the mesh ball and hang it from your rearview mirror.   The sunlight coming in through the window will heat the herbs up and make them smell fabulous and your car too.  I am going to put Rosemary and mint in mine and I will post back to let you know how it battles the locker room aroma.  Who knows, I may start a new trend, instead of people hanging CDs from their rearview mirrors they will have tea infusers swinging.  

No comments: